The Story of Kindness & Manners - Sapien Fable | Sapien Kid
What is meant by kindness?
Kindness is defined as the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.
What is meant by etiquettes?
Etiquette is the set of conventional rules of personal behaviour in polite society, usually in the form of an ethical code that delineates the expected and accepted social behaviours that accord with the conventions and norms observed by a society, a social class, or a social group.
Types of manners:-
- Hygiene Manners
- Cultural Norm
- Table Manners
What is helping behaviour?
- Helping behaviour refers to voluntary actions intended to help the others, with reward regarded or disregarded. It is a type of prosocial behaviour (voluntary action intended to help or benefit another individual or group of individuals, such as sharing, comforting, rescuing and helping).
- Helping behaviour is providing aid or benefit to another person. It does not matter what the motivation of the helper is, only that the recipient is assisted. This is distinguished from the more general term prosocial behaviour, which can include any cooperative or friendly behaviour.
What is Altruism?
Altruism is the principle and moral practice of concern for the happiness of other human beings or other animals, resulting in a quality of life both material and spiritual. It is a traditional virtue in many cultures and a core aspect of various religious and secular worldviews.
Different types of Altruism:-
- Genetic altruism
- Reciprocal altruism
- Group-selected altruism
- Pure altruism
Why is sharing most important for kids to learn?
- Keep friends- When you teach these moral values for kids to your children and make them share something with anyone, you not only make new friends but also keep the old ones. It’s the same for children, and kids are way more grateful than adults are.
- Earn love- If your kid’s friends get a lot of their toys or food, they would love your child’s generosity, building a solid foundation for their future friendship. Isn’t this a reason enough to teach your kid the importance of sharing and moral values for kids from an early age?
- Emotional development- When children share, they learn to control their emotions because they are letting go of something, even if it is only temporarily. It will make them wise and lovable.
- Empathy- While a child must have empathy in the first place to share what’s his, he will also experience the gratitude and love of his peers, which will make him be more empathetic and share more. After all, sharing is caring, right?
- Be a good role model- As your child controls her emotions and learns to be empathetic and develop moral values for kids, she will develop qualities like listening to someone with problems and growing emotionally. His/her friends will be inspired by this fact and try to take your child as a role model.
Importance of Manners and Etiquettes:-
- Etiquette is about kindness, it is about being friendly, it is about being polite, it is about integrity, it is about good manners.
- Etiquette helps us know how to treat others.
- Etiquette helps us to know how to behave and conduct ourselves in different environments.
- Etiquette is not about being perfect, or being prim and proper, it’s not about your social class, profession or how rich or well educated you are.
- Etiquette makes people comfortable and at ease, it shows that we value and respect others.
- Etiquette promotes kindness, consideration, and humility.
- Etiquette gives the confidence to deal with different situations in life, it gives us life skills.
- Etiquette enhances your individual image; it eliminates discourteous behaviour.
- Etiquette helps us to be thoughtful about our conduct, it helps us to be aware of the feelings and rights of others.